Friday, April 19, 2013

The American Dream

Winter in Central Park
I wrote down my Life List, soon after we returned from a holiday in the United States, way back in 2011.

A lot of the things on the 'Life List' had been churning in my head for some time, others had appeared after our US trip. These were things that we just didn't manage to get done or I wanted to do again when I returned to America.

Ever since this trip, I have been trying to get back to the USA to tick all American items off the list.

I am very excited to report that in May we will be returning to the USA, armed with my Life List and all the intentions to tick these items off.

This trip was planned around #32: Renew our wedding vows, Elvis style. This is something we have wanted to do for some time. However when we learnt our really good friend was having a party in Vegas to celebrate his 40th Birthday, we knew this would be the perfect opportunity to organise a trip around the Life List. The Birthday Boy and he wife also wanted to renew their vows in Las Vegas while they were there, so we felt it was destined to happen!

What is better than a double wedding?

Elvis here we come..

Here are all the things I am planning to tick off while we are in America (to say I am excited is an understatement)...

32. Renew our wedding vows in Las Vegas (Elvis style)
35. Take a road trip through California and visit the Joshua Tree National Park, Palm Springs and San Francisco
47. Go to Disneyland
71. Go back to Central Park in NYC and see the Alice in Wonderland statue
72. Go to the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles
74. Go back to the Getty museum in Los Angeles
77. Find the perfect Fajitas
79. Search for the perfect Margarita (or at least go back to Spice Market in New York and have some more of those heavenly Ginger Margaritas)
82. See Bill Cunningham at work/on his bike in NYC (one can only hope)
84. Be able to afford a pair of authentic designer shoes and/or hand bag (I need some glam shoes for #32!)

Central Park, New York
I will keep you posted on how I go...

[all images by Zahara Dessert].

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Comments are very much appreciated!