Friday, December 14, 2012

#90: Live in a house with a Jacaranda tree


I have loved Jacaranda trees for as long as I can remember.

Growing up there weren't many in our area, but when I moved to Sydney I was surrounded by them.
Along with Frangipanis, they are my most favourite tree.

Many years ago I made the oath that the first thing I would do when I bought a house would be to plant a Jacaranda tree. Unfortunately this has yet to happen. My current house has a tiny courtyard, which is not suitable for a massive tree like this. However my next house will have a garden big enough for a Jacaranda.

In the meantime, I am going to try to visit Grafton next year and go to their Jacaranda Festival.
Maybe I can even become the Jacaranda Queen if I wear my sexy 1980's dress I just wore to our recent Christmas party?


Instagram pictures by mrs_clock, mashakoster, liarna_mae, husband and zaharadessert

2 comments:

  1. I used to live in Grafton. The bakery's would put purple die in the bread during the festival so that we'd have Jacaranda Bread. True story!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are very much appreciated!